|Fulfillment@Work: YOU CAN BEAT THE ODDS AND BE A WINNER, TOO!
July 3, 2000
Welcome to the Fulfillment@Work Newsletter
Published by Joel Garfinkle, Dream Job Coaching
1.You Can Beat the Odds and Be a Winner Too!
2. Quotes of the Week
3. Tip of the Week
4. We Recommend
You Can Beat the Odds and Be a Winner Too!
This is a popular e-mail circulating and while I hesitate to pass on most typical e-mails, I think this one is very appropriate for DreamsWork to remind us all that your circumstances can only restrict you as much as you let them. Take some time to enjoy and gain inspiration from these examples.
- Bury him in the snows of Valley Forge, and you have a George Washington.
- Raise him in abject poverty and you have an Abraham Lincoln.
- Subject him to bitter religious prejudice, and you have a Disraeli.
- Spit on him and crucify him, and you have a Jesus Christ.
- Label him "too stupid to learn," and you have a Thomas Edison.
- Tell her she's too old to start painting at eighty, and you have a Grandma Moses.
- Have him or her born black in a society filled with racial discrimination, and you have a Booker T. Washington, Harriet Tubman, Marian Anderson, George Washington Carver or Martin Luther King Jr.
- Make him the first child to survive in a poor Italian family of eighteen children, and you have an Enrico Caruso.
- Afflict him with periods of depression so severe that he cut off his own ear, and you have a Vincent van Gogh.
- Tell her in the late 1800s and early 1900s that only men can be scientists, and you have a Madame Curie, who eventually won two Nobel Prizes--one for physics and the other for chemistry.
- Tell a young boy who loved to sketch and draw that he has no talent, and you have a Walt Disney.
- Take a crippled child whose only home he ever knew was an orphanage, and you have a James E. West, who became the first chief executive of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Make him a second fiddle in an obscure South American orchestra, and you have a Toscanini.
From the chapter, "On Courage and Determination," from Chicken Soup for the Unsinkable Soul
If you want to learn how to Find Your Dream Job, click here:
If you want to learn about Executive Coaching, visit:
~ Joel Garfinkle
Dream Job Coaching:
Live Your Dream Life!
Quotes of the Week
"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself."
~ Soren Kierkegaard
"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do."
~ Pope John XXIII
"Anything can be achieved in small, deliberate steps. But there are times you need the courage to take a great leap; you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."
~ David Lloyd George
Tip of the Week
Create time and space in your life to allow your intuition to speak to you. After many years of listening to others, you may need to learn to listen to yourself again. Wake up a little earlier to meditate or take a walk and enjoy nature. Buy a journal and express your feelings in it.
To learn more about developing your intuition, visit Lynn Robinson, http://www.lynnrobinson.com. She has a selection of audio tapes and her book The Complete Idiot's Guide To Being Psychic that can help to open your mind and aid you in getting in touch with your intuition.
FREE content for you
Nationally published articles that you can FREELY use as content for your websites, newsletters, and publications.
Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
Would you like to exchange website links with Dream Job Coaching? Just visit our link exchange page.
Joel Garfinkle is available for coaching. Send him an email at email@example.com or call (510) 339-3201.
Copyright 1998-2006, Joel Garfinkle, all rights reserved. Permission is granted to reproduce, copy or distribute DreamsWork so long as this copyright notice and full information about contacting the author is attached.