|Fulfillment@Work: STILL SMALL VOICE
July 14, 2002
Welcome to the Fulfillment@Work Newsletter
Published by Joel Garfinkle, Dream Job Coaching
1. Excerpts from the book If I Knew Then What I Know Now: CEOs and Other Smart Executives Share Wisdom They Wish They'd Been Told 25 Years Ago by Richard Edler
2. What my clients say
3. The Great Question
Still Small Voice
Excerpts from the book If I Knew Then What I Know Now: CEOs and Other Smart Executives Share Wisdom They Wish They'd Been Told 25 Years Ago by Richard Edler
1) Listen to that still small voice inside you.
2) If you do not live your life completely, realizing goals you hold to be worthwhile, making your unique contribution to the world, nobody ever will. Your song will die with you.
3) Many of us have discovered what we want to do with our lives. We have a purpose that resonates to the very core of our being. Somehow our lives will never be complete unless we answer this calling. But we refrain...the "still small voice" whispers a dream...but later that day or the next our vision starts to fade...immersed in the practical, our dreams and aspirations seem uncertain and perhaps a bit foolish.
4) We plod the highway of conformity, each following the other. We seek what others seek comfort, security, money, power, pleasure. We are not alone, but only a stranger to our better selves. Years leave wrinkles upon the skin. But this loss of enthusiasm leaves wrinkles upon the soul.
5) It is impossible to tell another what path he should follow. Only you, in stillness and humility, can listen to that still small voice. Success and happiness are not distant goals to capture and hold. They happen incidentally while you are fulfilling yourself.
From Michael Lynberg, Author of The Gift of Giving
If you want to learn how to Find Your Dream Job, click here:
If you want to learn about Executive Coaching, visit:
~ Joel Garfinkle
Dream Job Coaching:
Live Your Dream Life!
Quotes of the week
"Do not try to satisfy your vanity by teaching a great many things. Awaken people's curiosity. It is enough to open minds; do not overload them. Put there just a spark. If there is some good inflammable stuff, it will catch fire."
~ Anatole France
"And this road is full of footprints! Companions have come before. They are your ladder. Use them!"
FREE content for you
Nationally published articles that you can FREELY use as content for your websites, newsletters, and publications.
Coaching Client - Words Of Wisdom
"That the comparing game where I compare my past career jobs to what I am doing now is a no win situation because there is no comparison. The past was better in terms of jobs than now but I have to believe in faith during this transition if I am to get to my dream job next."
~ Client #1
"Listen to your inner voice since it's the one that really knows best."
~ Client #2
The Great Question
"The universe is holding its breath, waiting for you to take your place."
~ David Whyte
GREAT QUESTION: What will you do in order to take your place in the world?
Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
Would you like to exchange website links with Dream Job Coaching? Just visit our link exchange page.
Joel Garfinkle is available for coaching. Send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 339-3201.
Copyright 1998-2006, Joel Garfinkle, all rights reserved. Permission is granted to reproduce, copy or distribute DreamsWork so long as this copyright notice and full information about contacting the author is attached.