|Fulfillment@Work: ARE YOU LIVING IN FULL COLOR?
September 10, 2003
Welcome to the Fulfillment@Work Newsletter
Published by Joel Garfinkle, Dream Job Coaching
1. Are You Living In Full Color?
2. FREE content for you...
3. Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
4. Coaching Client - Words Of Wisdom
Are You Living in Full Color?
Remember the movie Pleasantville in which the residents of that town lived in black and white? We all, in some way, live in a black-and-white world - a world without color. Color can mean many things -- the hues of the rainbow, as well as a person's aura, how people express their true nature.
Often, people don't reveal the fullness of their gifts and who they are. This can occur because people identify themselves by the roles they play in life, for example their job title, rather than expressing every dimension of themselves.
Without being aware of it, you may be living in a black and white world and you are missing out. Imagine if you couldn't see the colors surrounding you -- a beautiful red rose, the face of your partner, the art you create as an artist or see at an exhibit, the rainbow that gently rises after rain and, most importantly, the gifts you have to give to others. You may be missing a lot of beauty in your own life.
The wonderful essence of color shines when you are able to express your true gifts. All of this is gone when you live in a black and white world - one that lacks passion and meaning. This Grey world is a reality today for most of us!
Here is a quiz to see if you live in this black and white world. If you answer TRUE to more than five, it's time to bring more color into your life:
- I say yes to others before saying yes to myself.
- I avoid doing things that are scary for me.
- I live a life based on what others want for me.
- I do what my family and society want for me.
- I focus more on what I know how to do, than on what works best for me.
- I am influenced by what others are doing around me.
- I avoid taking risks.
- I value my efficiency more than my creativity.
- I don't use my heart, soul and mind when making decisions.
- I play it safe with anything that is out of my comfort zone.
How do you change from a black-and-white world to a world of color? A world in which you know what makes up your true rainbow of expression?
You have color in your life when:
- You are clear on what you are passionately interested in.
- You are fully expressing your gifts.
- You have embraced who you are.
- You know what you want to do, and you are actualizing this purpose.
- You look forward to your daily activities.
- You live a life in which possibilities are constantly coming your way.
- You live life to the fullest.
Don't allow your grey outlook to envelope the color waiting to explode on your external canvas. Your true colors are waiting to shine, burning deep and burning wide in a blaze of color. Let the colors shine through, a powerful energy explodes for all to see.
We all have colors and our lives are meant to create masterpieces of art to display who we are loudly and boldly. Let yourself shine, let your colors know their true day. Today is the day that you allow your rainbow to shine.
As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences."
If you want to learn how to Find Your Dream Job, click here:
If you want to learn about Executive Coaching, visit:
~ Joel Garfinkle
Dream Job Coaching:
Live Your Dream Life!
Quotes of the week
"I do not evolve, I am."
~ Pablo Picasso
"Insist on yourself, never imitate."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
FREE content for you
Nationally published articles that you can FREELY use as content for your websites, newsletters, and publications.
Coaching Client - Words Of Wisdom
When taking action, allow your steps to be small and manageable so that responsibility won't impede upon your action.
~ Coaching Client
Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
Would you like to exchange website links with Dream Job Coaching? Just visit our link exchange page.
Joel Garfinkle is available for coaching. Send him an email at email@example.com or call (510) 339-3201.
Copyright 1998-2006, Joel Garfinkle, all rights reserved. Permission is granted to reproduce, copy or distribute DreamsWork so long as this copyright notice and full information about contacting the author is attached.