|Fulfillment@Work: TIPS AND PAYOFFS BY EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
October 22, 2003
Welcome to the Fulfillment@Work Newsletter
Published by Joel Garfinkle, Dream Job Coaching
1. Tips and Payoffs by Employee Management Experts
2. FREE content for you...
3. Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
4. Coaching Client - Words Of Wisdom
Tips and Payoffs by Employee Management Experts
According to a recent article appearing in the Chicago SunTimes, even in a lackluster economy, there are numerous inexpensive ways managers can improve their workplaces for employees.
Here are several tips and potential payoffs cited by employee management experts at Winning Workplaces:
1) Survey your employees. Get their feedback on existing programs and on what they think they need.
2) Schedule regular employee meetings to keep lines of communication open. Use these to inform employees of company progress, and encourage them to share ideas on improving business practices. Better-informed workers stay focused on business priorities, understand when times get tough and provide valuable information.
3) Consider a flexible work schedule, which costs little or nothing to establish, and takes little effort to run. Flex time can go a long way toward helping employees balance their lives and increase their productivity on the job.
4) Start a "volunteer day" to heighten teamwork among employees. Employers might encourage employees to volunteer, as a group, for a day at a local charitable organization. The event helps employees learn to work together as a team and demonstrates their company's commitment to improving the quality of life in the community.
5) Recognize employees to acknowledge the accomplishments and contributions they make to your business. From a simple "thank-you" to a small gift, showing your employees their work is appreciated and that they are valued boosts morale.
6) Inaugurate employee development programs. With workplace technology changing at a fast pace, affordable computer and other business skills training are available online to help your employees keep up.
7) Most, importantly, recognize that the key elements of winning workplaces include a focus on work/life benefits; flexibility and supportiveness; employee involvement; open communications, and respect, trust and fairness.
If you want to learn how to Find Your Dream Job, click here:
If you want to learn about Executive Coaching, visit:
~ Joel Garfinkle
Dream Job Coaching:
Live Your Dream Life!
Quotes of the week
"I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."
~ John D. Rockefeller
"There are those who travel and those who are going somewhere. They are different and yet they are the same. The successful has this over his rivals: He knows where he is going."
~ Mark Caine
FREE content for you
Nationally published articles that you can FREELY use as content for your websites, newsletters, and publications.
Coaching Client - Words Of Wisdom
We all end up following what our family, and later on the culture, deems important, and lose sight of what is important to us as an individual.
~ Coaching Client
Website LINK EXCHANGE program!
Would you like to exchange website links with Dream Job Coaching? Just visit our link exchange page.
Joel Garfinkle is available for coaching. Send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 339-3201.
Copyright 1998-2006, Joel Garfinkle, all rights reserved. Permission is granted to reproduce, copy or distribute DreamsWork so long as this copyright notice and full information about contacting the author is attached.