Give Employees What They Need [Dream Job Coaching]
Fulfillment @ Work
August 29, 2006
IN THIS ISSUE
|MESSAGE FROM JOEL
Please forward this newsletter on giving employees what they need to your family, friends, and coworkers.
To subscribe to Fullfilment@Work, visit:
Employees are the backbone of the company, but they've often overlooked as managers contend with hectic schedules and focus on an overload of pressing projects. In the process, a valuable resource may be bypassed.
It pays to pay attention to your employees' needs. Give them what they need and they'll give you improved productivity, innovative ideas, and top-notch results. For some tips on giving your employees what they need, read this week's Fulfillment Tips below.
Have an employee-focused week,
Give Employees What They Need
If you want great employees, give them what they need to succeed. Here are five tips for turning good people into great staff members:
- When it comes to their jobs, your employees are the experts. So go right to the source by asking your staff to suggest ways to improve productivity and efficiency in their jobs.
- Some managers feel threatened by employees with superb skills, but those skills are the very reason they were hired. Help employees develop their strengths and become the best they can be. Not only will they help the department succeed and make you look good, but one of them will be ready to step into your role when you're promoted to the next level.
- Be ready and willing to provide whatever support your employees need to do their jobs well and feel fulfilled in their careers. Make sure they have the right tools, training, and resources.
- Give people a sense of the importance of the projects they're working on. Let them know, as specifically as possible, that they have a very real impact on the company and its customers.
- Provide feedback to your employees on a regular basis. Don't wait until the annual review. Instead, address any concerns immediately, and always let staff members know when they've done a great job on a project.
|QUOTES OF THE WEEK
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
~ Peter F. Drucker
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
~ Abraham Lincoln
Six essential qualities that are the key to success: sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity.
~ William Menninger
|FREE CONTENT FOR YOU
Nationally published articles that you can FREELY use as
content for your websites, newsletters, and publications.
Find Your Dream Job
Work, Business, and Executive Professionals
* Executive Coaching
* Individual Coaching
* Group Coaching
* Keynote Speaking
* Job Searching Teleclasses
I've worked with creative people, entrepreneurs, high-tech
and corporate professionals, and people in many other jobs to
help them define and land their dream jobs or to find more
satisfaction in their current jobs. For more information
Dream Job Coaching ~ Joel Garfinkle ~ (510)
You may reprint and forward the Fulfillment@Work newsletter as
long as the following copyright notice and contact information is
Copyright 2006, Joel Garfinkle, all rights reserved.
The top online resource for creating fulfillment at work!
FREE Newsletter - Articles - FREE Assessments - Books
Contact Info: 510-339-3201 /
To subscribe to/unsubscribe from the Fulfillment@Work
Newsletter, visit http://www.dreamjobcoaching.com/fulfillment.html
or send a blank e-mail to:
Subscribe or Unsubscribe
Please ensure that your present "From" address is
the address you want to cancel.
Copyright ©1998-2006 Joel Garfinkle, Dream Job Coaching. All rights reserved.