Individual Career Counseling & Coaching
Are you one of the nine out of 10 American workers who do not like their jobs?
Act now to find the job of your dreams!
Every individual has a vocation (“a calling”) that he or she was meant to be doing. This calling comes from aligning your natural talents to who you truly are. To those who need career counseling, make sure you choose a dream job that most aligns to who you truly are.
Many services offer career counseling for men and women who are unsatisfied in their careers, but only address the issues associated with getting you into a new job. Dream Job Career Coaching doesn’t just focus on helping you transition from one job to the next, but shows you how to properly align your deepest interests and passions with a career that truly embodies who you are.
Read on to learn more about Joel’s proven Dream Job Career Coaching service.
Use this quick guide to Learn About:
- How Career Coaching Helps You
- What Makes The Dream Job Coaching Process Unique?
- Here’s How You’ll Benefit from Dream Job Career Coaching
- The Unique, Seven-Step Dream Job Process
- What You Get with Dream Job Career Coaching
- Joel’s Style
- The Land Your Dream Job Book
- Common Fears Associated with Career Change
- Contacting the Dream Job Coach
- What clients have to say about Dream Job Career Coaching
Career Coaching Helps You
- Discover your vocational passion
- Change your profession
- Re-enter the work force
- Improve your current job
- Create a healthy balance between work and life
- Overcome burnout
- Advance within your profession
- Relocate or transfer
- Move up the corporate ladder
- Recover from being downsized or laid off
- Get un-trapped in your current job
- Manage office politics and a difficult co-worker or boss
What makes the Dream Job Coaching Process Unique?
Joel offers results-driven career coaching to those who need career counseling with his unique 7-Step Dream Job Coaching Process. The 7-Step Dream Job Process is totally different from traditional career counseling for men and women. It works from the inside out and focuses on the whole person instead of simply assigning random job titles to match your qualifications. Finding or creating a job that will give you the maximum level of personal fulfillment is the goal. The process has been used with great success to guide clients from the fields of law, business, high-tech, finance, consulting, medicine, education and the arts into a fulfilling career.
The Dream Job Coaching process focuses on getting you to take positive action and increase self-awareness so that immediate and powerful results will occur. The key to getting exactly what you want from the coaching process is to stay true to what you learn during each session. You will gain new and fresh perspective, powerful solutions, valuable resources, helpful feedback and advice, and unlimited support. When you apply what you learn in each coaching session and through Joel’s personal, email support, you will gain quick and amazing results.
Here’s How You’ll Benefit From Dream Job Career Coaching
You spend one-third of your life at work, so you deserve to feel fulfilled by it. The coaching process focuses first and foremost on helping you find the perfect job that aligns with your passions and natural talents. When you do what you love, you will achieve more in less time, get bigger and better results, and feel excited about going to work every day!
Dream Job Coaching will help you:
- Land a dream job by turning your innate gifts and passions into ideal work.
- Create deeper meaning in your life.
- Find balance between work and home.
The Unique, Seven-Step Dream Job Process
Joel will guide you through a seven-step, action-oriented process that helps you define and land work that aligns with your natural gifts and passions. With specific exercises and tools, you’ll gain clarity about fulfilling work and acquire the necessary tools to reveal the unique talents typically hidden under layers of doubts and self-imposed limitations.
While this Seven-Step Dream Job Process focuses specifically on your career, the resulting fulfillment will spill over to other parts of your life, as well. You will discover standards of excellence that you can apply in all aspects of your life. The Seven-Step Dream Job Process is really about pursuing a life of meaning. As you move into a job that reflects your aspirations, innermost desires and passions, your life will become aligned with your true self.
Joel is proud to help people who need career counseling obtain fulfillment in life. When you sign up for Joel’s Dream Job Career Coaching, you’ll receive personalized coaching through each of the following steps:
STEP 1: Establish Your Foundation
The first step in the Seven-Step Dream Job Process helps you to create a strong personal foundation that allows you to come from a place of clarity and strength as you begin to define your dream job.
STEP 2: Break Through Barriers
This step shows you how to identify personal barriers that have kept you from achieving your dreams. Once you can clearly identify a barrier, you learn how to formulate methods to overcome or put them in perspective. You will gain clarity about what you want from life by shifting from the work you “should” be doing to what you love to do.
STEP 3: Imagine New Possibilities
In step three you use your imagination to conjure up images of what is truly possible. You will be amazed at how many dreams manifest themselves once you tap into what is possible.
STEP 4: Unleash Your Innate Gifts
In this step you recall different times in your life when you have been fulfilled. From this perspective, you identify your innate gifts that directly lead to satisfaction at the work place. This step is particularly helpful in defining what you love to do and applying those insights to the creation of your dream job.
STEP 5: Define Your Dream
In step five you create your personal dream job. An action-step process helps you determine the activities to which you are most drawn. You will identify your core values, clarify common themes in your life, and weave all of these together to declare your dream job.
STEP 6: Formulate Your Strategy
In step six you formulate the strategy and timetable needed to reach your dreams. As you define your plan, you begin turning it into action steps. This helps you become clear on the daily and weekly routine needed to bring your strategy into a dream come true.
STEP 7: Land Your Dream Job
In step seven you declare your commitment to landing your dream job. Then you are guided through a handful of activities that will help you to land your dream job.
What you get with Dream Job Career Coaching
Coaching is done primarily via telephone and email. Regular, consistent contact through email helps you get the support you need and encourages you to discuss issues and problems you may be experiencing.
Coaching services include:
Three forty-minute telephone coaching sessions per month. These sessions are ideal for developing and reviewing insights, concerns and questions based on what you are learning through the reading and coaching.
Unlimited email support Monday-Friday. Response time within 24 hours. This regular, consistent and ongoing communication helps you get the support and encouragement you need to discuss issues/challenges you experience during the dream job process.
Immediate, just-in-time support via the telephone Monday through Friday for any time-sensitive issues that need to be discussed. I encourage you to call me (outside the actual coaching session) for any time-sensitive or urgent issues. I’m never more than a phone call or email message away.
Access to All of My Extensive Resources
Access to all of my development tools, learning resources, articles and content to help with your dream job process.
A safe, professional and confidential relationship.
Results depend on commitment and circumstances. Clients often report immediate and successful changes in both their careers and personal lives within a few weeks. To make long-term, sustainable, positive changes in behavior, you must make a serious investment and commitment in your own professional development. On average, it takes two months to define your dream job and 3-4 months to land your dream job. Most client relationships last between six to twelve months.
Joel’s Coaching Style
Joel’s coaching style is based on his belief that professional transformation cannot be achieved without life transformation. His holistic approach has helped many individuals who need career counseling change and enhance their lives as well as their careers. He will help you manifest major changes, leading to a better future of fulfillment professionally, personally and financially.
Joel understands that the foundation for the best coaching relationship includes:
- Intuitive listening
- Coachable moments
- Constructive feedback
- Asking thought-provoking questions
- Identifying solutions and options
- Creating practical action plans
- Anticipating obstacles that might limit the plan’s success
- Implementing the plan
- Support through follow-up
This coaching process involves talking, listening, feedback, discussions, perspective, validation, teaching, solutions, planning, structure, exercises, strategies and resources.
Land Your Dream Job Book is an “Instruction Manual”
to a Fulfilling Career
If you’re serious about finding your dream career, Land Your Dream Job is the perfect tool. This book can help you unlock passions that reside deep within you so that you understand exactly what kind of job will lead to a fulfilling career.
- This book has a seven-step process that provides a clear, structured approach to landing your dream job.
- Each section provides you with fresh perspectives, powerful solutions, valuable resources, and advice to help you identify and land your dream job.
- Specific action steps are the primary focus of every chapter, guiding you step-by-step through the proven and successful Dream Job process.
- Exercises are structured to teach you how to apply and practice what you learn so you maintain momentum and achieve immediate results.
- Self-reflection exercises reveal your talents and passions in an easy, enlightening manner.
- The book provides a feeling of one-on-one support, as if you are benefiting from an actual hands-on coaching experience.
- The content is crisp, keeping you engaged with the progressive seven-step process without becoming discouraged.
- Two composite characters are featured throughout the book, providing strong examples to whom you can personally relate.
Common Fears Associated with Career Change
If you are afraid of leaving the security of your current job to do something more fulfilling, and are seeking an individual career counseling session, you are not alone. Others have traveled this road, recognizing they were ready for a change at work. Here are comments by clients before they started the Seven-Step Dream Job Coaching Process:
- “I’m 34 years old – I am going stay close to the industry that’s made me money. It’s hard to leave that comfort zone but I know this isn’t what I’m meant to do in life. I need to decrease the control money has over my decisions and increase the value that fulfillment will have when I find something I truly love.”
- “After earning a masters degree in both physics and business, my future is still unclear to me. My first job was not fulfilling and I was extremely disappointed after investing such a huge amount of time and money.”
- “I knew within a week of joining the bank that I’d made a terrible mistake, but 13 years later I’m still here… bitter, unproductive, unfulfilled, under-utilized and unhappy. I worry it’s too late for me, that I’ve wasted my life.”
- “I’ve always had a job and for the last 20 years my job has been my identity. I’m not a person, I’m an accountant.”
- “After 10 years of working in jobs I’ve just sort of ‘fallen into,’ I’ve decided to work on choosing a career rather than having it choose me. I’ve always had a wide range of interests and focusing on them has always been very difficult for me.”
- “I’m in a very good job and am on track to be really successful in my field at a fairly young age. But I’m afraid I’ll get stuck here and wake up in another 10 years wondering why I wasted so many years doing something that didn’t mean a lot to me.”
- “What’s holding me back is that I’m successful in my current job. I make a good income and am very good at what I do. So leaving that behind is difficult for me. I understand my current job – what’s expected, what I need to do day-to-day, how to navigate the organization to solve problems, etc. My job also provides me significant financial security through comprehensive benefits and a competitive pay package.”
Contact the Dream Job Coach
Become 1 of every 10 American workers who actually enjoy going to work every day!
What clients have to say about Dream Job Career Coaching
Click here to view an extensive list of testimonials.
Dream Job Group Coaching
If you need help on career change, but don’t want to invest in individual career counseling, Joel’s career transition services and group coaching program will be ideal for your situation. You will join other people who have obsessed with the thought, “what career is right for me?” Joel’s group coaching program leverages the power of a small group of motivated, like-minded professionals who seek to define and land their dream jobs. Group Coaching works because:
- More than 100 years of combined experience, knowledge, wisdom, and perspective from the participants and the coach.
- Individuals going through very similar stages in their careers have direct access to a coach who’s a specialist in career transitions and helping people define and land their dream job.
- You receive extraordinary coaching for a substantially reduced investment.
- Networking with other successful, experienced professionals who will share contacts and leverage their network to enhance your success in creating a dream job.